Homeschooling education method is expostulated by many societies in this time, as an alternative in education especially education for children. As far as we know, many methods to improve our children ability to welcome globalization and to prepare themselves to reach the future. One method to prepare themselves is home schooling. Below I try to explain the meaning of homeschooling and all of the advantages and negatives.
Commonly home schooling is one of education method where parents are responsible to their children education by using house as a school or class room. In this case, parents directly involve in education process. But sometime many parents owe teachers to teach their children in this learning method. For the first time, this home schooling system was increase in USA and several developed countries in the world. And then it grows in all countries recently, include Indonesia. In Indonesia, this home schooling system has been arranged according to the law, and every student in home schooling can take National Test together with student in formal school. Goverment doesn’t manage the learning process, but the result of this is confessed same with normal school.
Home schooling, advantages and negatives
- Free to choose the own schedule. Many parents want their children learn in the morning, afternoon or evening. So, home schooling can accommodate the time.
- The subject/material more variables. Student can focus in one subject they like and can practice it in anytime at home
- We can know the children activities every day. This is one great advantage because parents know children activites like learning process and their attitude.
- Learning method full of concentration, concept and aplicatif.
- Home schooling is suitable to protect in learning process, especially for disabled people, and avoid social problem like fight, bullying,drug and worthless.
- Many pressures. Because every person who teach in this home schooling has different method, so the pressure can arise if parents compare their method with the others.
- Parents must work with an extra time and energy. From preparing children material,arrange the house until manage all family member.
- Children who take home schooling will feel less associate with others, because they learn private and no group or team like formal school.
- The school fee is more expensive than formal school.
- There is no competition, so children can’t compare their ability with other children.
image source: http://featureedu.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/33525_2323_fhe_helps_st.jpg